bfs Product Code: CHIMS
ICON Industrial Methylated Spirits
- Pure grade alcohol
- Most commonly used as a cleaning agent and diluent for solvent based inks
- Quick evaporating solvent
- Flashpoint (®C): 13C
- Colour: Colourless
- Water Miscible: Soluble
- Density / Specific Gravity: 0.790 +/- 0.010
- Voc Content / % Volume: 100%
- Odour: Alcoholic
- UN Number: 1170
CHIMS can be used as a diluent for solvent based inks, as a general purpose cleaning solution, and occasionally as an Isopropanol Alcohol replacement in the dampening system.
Machine / Systems
CHIMS has been formulated for use on the majority of manual cleaning systems. These include Man Roland, Heidelberg, KBA, Komori and Mitsubishi presses.
Testing is always recommended to ensure suitability.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in temperatures not exceeding 30°C and not falling below 5°C!
- Store on either pallets or racking in order to protect from cold floors
- If left unopened and kept in the correct conditions this product has a shelf life of 12 months
Health and Safety
Labeling: GHS02: Flame
Usage: Will not give rise to any significant hazard provided reasonable standards of industrial practice are maintained.