bfs Product Code: CHD1
A fast drying degreasing chemical suited to manual use with all types of presses. Cleans inks and removes greasy residues and dramatically reduces wash-up time as a result, enabling much faster restarts, ideal for use on short runs when time is at a premium.
- Low odour
- Flashpoint <0°C (Highly Flammable)
- Fast evaporating leaving no greasy residues
- High ink solvency on conventional inks
- Low aromatic content meaning its less aggressive on rollers and blankets
- Suitable for most conventional roller qualities
- Suitable for use on most positive plates (not suitable for unbaked plates) – Always test suitability due to the variations in plate sensitivity from one to another
- VOC ~690grams/litre (100%)
Method of Use
- For manual use apply to a lint free cloth or sponge and wipe over the affected area. Finish by wiping with water using a separate cloth and allow to dry before restarting.
- Suitable for most modern day machines including manufacturers such as Heidelberg, KBA, Man Roland, Ryobi, Komori and Mitsubishi presses.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store solvents safely within the printing environment to allow them to acclimatize to pressroom conditions – working temperatures will affect evaporation speed of solvents and hence can influence their effectiveness. Consult own company risk assessment and fire risk assessment for guidance on suitable storage containers depending on properties of the chemical.
- If left unopened and kept in the correct conditions this product has a recommended shelf life of 12 months.
Health and Safety
This product is categorized with the following hazardous associations:
GHS07: Exclamation Mark
GHS08: Health hazard
Always wear suitable safety equipment when handling pressroom chemicals. Will not give rise to significant hazard provided good standards of industrial practice are maintained. Consult MSDS for further information.