- Longevity 95% 95%
- Press Downtime Improvement 60% 60%
- Smash Resistance 80% 80%
Ashley House Printing Company Ltd
We have run Finito self-adhesive packing sheets on our SM52 for approximately four years, which has saved us a considerable amount of time due to the longevity of the product. Their durability has meant that we haven’t needed to replace them as frequently despite the variety of work we run on the press and the self-adhesive factor means that it is much easier to change a blanket.
While looking for different underpacking for my PM52-5 colour, Howard from BFS showed me the Finito self-adhesive underpacking. Since that day (in December 2014) I have not used any other blanket underpacking because the results are far better than expected.
There are a few things I have found when using the Finito adhesive blanket:
• It does not move while on the press due to the adhesive. Even when you replace them it leaves very little adhesive on the cylinder which is not hard to remove.
• When changing blankets the Finito just stays in place so no more holding the under blanket or packing sheets in place hoping they do not move.
• The Finito seems to handle smashes far better than packing sheets due to its make-up, leaving the blanket with hardly or no damage.
• I find the Finito outperforms any other underpacking I have used and it lasts much longer so no need to change them every month.
InkLink is a sheetfed printer and we have been in business for 30 years. During this time we have used both traditional packing and more modern style under blankets. However, since using Finito underpackings we have noticed a significant change in production downtime and longevity of the top blankets. We would thoroughly recommend them to anyone.
Like What You See?
If you have a Heidelberg SM-52 (or a PM-52) and would like to try out Finito packings on your press, give bfs Pressroom Solutions a call on 0118 9305999 and see just how well they can work for you.