bfs Product Code: CHPLE
ICON Plate Etch
An acidic etching solution used to help remove minor scratches and water soluble deposits such as gum from the plate surface. When used effectively will help improve print image results by also desensitizing the metal lithographic plate.
- Flashpoint (®C): N/A
- Colour: Clear
- Water Miscible: Yes – Soluble
- Density / Specific Gravity: 1.01 +/- 0.020
- Voc Content / % Volume: <5%
- Odour: Low
- UN Number: N/A
Description of use
Apply neat solution to the affected area of the plate and wipe over with lint free cloth. Rinse off with water to finish. Wear strong impermeable gloves when handling to avoid contact with skin. Wear goggles to avoid splashes getting into eyes.
Storage, Shelf Life and Health and Safety
- Store in temperatures not exceeding 30°C and not falling below 5°C!
- Store on either pallets or racking in order to protect from cold floors.
- If left unopened and kept in the correct conditions this product has a recommended shelf life of 12 months.
GHS07: Exclamation Mark
Will not give rise to any significant hazard provided reasonable standards of industrial practice are maintained. Consult MSDS for further guidance.