bfs Product Code: CHU615
- Exhibits gloss finish when applied via the spare ink duct
- Offers a fully foil blockable/over-printable surface
- Provides good levels of cure speed
CHU615 should be typically applied at a 2 – 6gsm and cured using a medium pressure mercury lamp at a minimum of 200 W / inch (80 W.cm)
- Viscosity (Din6 @ 25°c): 70-80seconds
- Gloss: High
- Scuff/Rub: Medium/High
- Slip: ST 0.60 – 0.70
- Foil Blocking / Gluing: Suitable
- CHU615 has been designed for use on most paper and board substrates
- Suitable for substrates above 115gsm
- Care should be taken and tests conducted if used on lighter weight stocks
Machine / Printing
CHU615 has been designed for in-line application over UV inks. This product is best applied via the spare ink duct at the end of press. A highly specialised varnish for label and promotional applications. Designed for “piggyback” labels where there is a two layer sandwiched labelling system. Designed for use on the middle layer and where adhesive layers are applied directly to the varnish. Where normally the adhesive can re-stick the CHU615/5 deadens the effect of the varnish effectively neutralising the adhesive layer. This could be used for revealing a promotional win on a packaging system for example. Inks should ideally be alkali resistant and wax free for optimum results. Testing ink suitability prior to production runs is recommended.
Storage and Shelf Life
Store in temperatures not exceeding 30°C and not falling below 5°C!
Store on either pallets or racking in order to protect from cold floors.
If left unopened and kept in the correct conditions this product has a shelf life of 6 months.
Health and Safety
Labelling: GHS07: Exclamation Mark
Usage: Will not give rise to any significant hazard provided reasonable standards of industrial practice are maintained.